- Maintenance of security and data backups for all critical databases and software applications.
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of computer and network equipment.
- Installation and support of approved software.
- Continued support of connectivity for the computer-related infrastructure across the school system.
- Continued support of major staff-based technology-related systems, including the student information system, gradebook, software for the Human Resources and Finance Departments, email, file management, and school announcement software.
- Collaboration with the Departments of Instruction and Special Education to enhance and support the use of instructional technology.
- Continued development and expansion of a wireless infrastructure to allow efficient management of wireless access across the school system.
- Continued support in Future Ready initiatives including online classroom, collaboration and one to one initiatives across the school system.
- Oversight of the administration, data collection and security procedures for state and national assessments.
- Communication between the school system and various State and national agencies involved in assessment and accountability.
- Continued support for Calvert County Public Schools to meet the compliance requirements of Federal and State accountability programs.