The Department of Human Resources is dedicated to the discovery and
selection of the best available employees for each and every position
serving the students of Calvert County Public Schools. The role of the
department is to ensure the highest caliber and the most diverse pool of
applicants, both internal and external, for each position, and to
ensure the continuous development and retention of the entire staff of
employees. In a positive working atmosphere that fosters equity and
equal opportunity, the Department of Human Resources provides quality
service to internal employees and managers, and to the broadest possible
The office serves the students of Calvert County by:
- Implementing an aggressive recruitment and
selection program that seeks the highest quality staff that accurately
reflects the diverse needs of the student population of Calvert County
- Ensuring that each applicant receives fair
consideration for employment and promotion and accurate information
regarding the selection process.
- Providing counseling to employees and applicants in all aspects of human resources policies, practices, and programs.
- Providing continuous professional growth opportunities for all employee groups.
- Providing training to employees and program
managers on a variety of human resources issues, including the Americans
with Disabilities Act, the Family/Medical Leave Act, Sexual Harassment
Policies, state certification requirements, as well as state and local
statutes affecting employees.