Title I of the Elementary Secondary Education Act (ESEA) is the largest federally funded educational program. The Title I program, authorized by Congress, provides supplemental funds to school districts to assist schools with the highest student concentrations of poverty to meet school educational goals.
McKinney-Vento services are available to all qualified families in Calvert County Public Schools. If you have questions about available services, contact Dr. Cheryl Yates, Title I Program Manager, at 410-535-7264 or email her at email@example.com. You may also contact Catherine Krivitzky, Homeless Education Liaison at 443-486-4529 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title I Schools in Calvert County for 2016-2017
Barstow Elementary School
St. Leonard Elementary School
Patuxent - Appeal Elementary Campus
Title I Funds
Title I funds must be used to promote:
• High academic/achievement for all children;
• A greater focus on teaching and learning;
• Flexibility to stimulate local initiatives coupled with responsibility for student performance;
• Improved linkages among schools, parents and communities.
Title I - Program Purpose
Title I Programs (Part A of PL 107-334 of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001), provide funds to districts in order to assist schools with the highest levels of economically disadvantaged youngsters to:
• improve in student achievement for all participating children,
• improve staff development and
• improve parental and community involvement.
In accordance with federal law, funds are allocated directly to schools to work toward these three goals.